Đề kiểm tra chất lượng học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 10 tỉnh Thái Bình - Có đáp án
Trang PAGE 1/ NUMPAGES 4 - Mã đề 169
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA CHẤT LƯỢNG HỌC KÌ II NĂM HỌC 2017-2018Môn: TIẾNG ANH 10
Thời gian làm bài: 60 phút; Đề gồm 03 trangMã đề 169
PART A. MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS (40 QUESTIONS)
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest in each of the following questions.
1. A. talked B. missed C. laughed D. stayed
2. A. foot B. food C. afternoon D. tooth
3. A. chamber B. merchant C. characterise D. championship
4. A. environment B. highway C. insect D. ideal
5. A. fear B. hear C. dear D. wear
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
6. - Lan: “ ______ does the monitor always go to class on time for ?”
- Mai: “To set a good example for the class”.
A. Why B. Where C. What D. When
7. ________ is a term that refers to the existence of different kinds of animals and plants which make a balanced environment.
A. Biophysics B. Habitat C. Biodiversity D. Biology
8. I won’t lend you the money ______ you promise to pay it back.
A. unless B. otherwise C. in case D. if
9. - Juddy: Have you decided to apply for that job?
- Laura: Yes, I did last week. I______for that job tomorrow.
A. am going to apply B. would apply C. will apply D. am to apply
10. Of the two sisters, I think Linda is ______taller.
A. the B. a C. an D. no article
11. Marine plants and animals fall ______ three major groups.
A. in B. from C. to D. into
12. Tom really ______go out. He has too much homework to do.
A. should B. would C. shouldn't D. can't
13. - Pitt: “______ going to the cinema tonight, Linda?” - Linda: “That’s a good idea!”
A. Would you like B. Why don’t we C. How about D. Let’s
14. The third World Cup was held in France in 1983, which means France was the ________.
A. host nation B. team C. FIFA D. organization
15. Nearly 1,000 of the world’s bird species are _______ with extiction.
A. endangered B. danger C. threatened D. threatening
16. She often finds her job ______ . At the end of the day’s work she feels ______.
A. exhausted / exhausting B. exhausting/ exhausted
C. exhausted/ exhausted D. exhausting/ exhausting
17. The stone ______ were engraved with the names of the top students in royal examinations.
A. stele B. steles C. stelae D. stelas
18. The Japanese Bridge, ______was built in the early 1600s, is a main tourist attraction in Hoi An.
A. which B. who C. that D. it
19. Most films are produced for ________.
A. entertain B. to entertain C. entertained D. entertainment
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
20. An interesting feature of this park is the orphanage, where orphaned animals are taken care of.
A. involved in B. looked after C. dealt with D. moved in
21. As tourism is more developed, people worry about the damage to the flora and fauna of the island.
A. mountains and forests B. plants and animals C. fruits and vegetables D. flowers and trees
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
22. We had an accidental meeting with an old friend at the party last night.
A. expected B. unlucky C. unpleasant D. unacceptable
23. He told us to write a letter of acceptance as soon as possible.
A. invitation B. refuse C. refusal D. invite
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
24. Since poaching (A) is becoming more seriously (B), the government has imposed stricter laws (C) to prevent it (D).
25. You are not (A) allowed fishing (B) in the (C) stream in the (D) National Park.
26. Trees usually (A) are grown (B) well (C) in (D) this soil.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
The Saola, one of the world's rarest mammals, is a forest-dwelling bovine found only in the Annamite ranges of Vietnam and Laos. The species was first discovered in Vietnam in 1996 in Huong Thuy district of Thua Thien-Hue.
Le Ngoc Tuan, director of the reserve in Thua Thien – Hue province, said his organization carried out a survey from November 1996 to February 1997 in A Luoi, Nam Dong, Huong Thuy, Huong Tra and Phong Dien districts. The survey showed that the rare mammal appeared in 19 communes in those districts. Officials also collected 27 pairs of horns and skulls. Mr. Tuan said “The Saola is at a high risk of being hunted and will panic if it sees hunting dogs in the woods.” Since its discovery, it is believed to have rapidly declined in the face of ever-increasing human presence, although the actual size of the remaining population is still unknown. According to scientists and researchers on wildlife, Saola numbers had crashed to around 200 worldwide.
The WWF and Vietnam authorities have carried out a plan for the period between 2005-2010 in six central provinces (from Nghe An to Quang Nam). Forest wardens have eliminated all traps to catch the Saola and banned hunting dogs from protected areas. Three protection stations have been established to protect the endangered species.
27. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. The WWF is helping Vietnam to protect the Saola.
B. The Saola is under the threat of extinction.
C. It is in Thua Thien-Hue province that Saola was first discovered.
D. The ever-increasing human presence has killed the Saola.
28. The word “it” in line 8 refers to _______.
A. the survey B. the dog C. the discovery D. the Saola
29. Which international organaization has helped us to save the Saola?
A. The World Wildlife Fund B. The World Health Organization
C. The World Trade Organization D. World Wide Web
30. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. The survey was a waste of money and time. B. The Saola is being hunted.
C. The number of Saola is increasing. D. The Saola has become extinct.
31. Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage?
A. The Saola population is decreasing.
B. Dogs are not allowed to go into the forest where the Saola is living.
C. Some measures are taken to save the Saola.
D. People does nothing to save the Saola.
32. The survey of Saola was carried out in ______ districts of Thua Thien-Hue province.
A. 27 B. 19 C. 7 D. 5
33. The word “eliminated” in the passage is closest in meaning to ______.
A. removed B. untied C. elected D. elicited
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
34. - Jack: “______.” - Jill: “Great. Thanks”
A. Excuse me! B. Be careful! C. What are you doing? D. How are you doing?
35. - Mary: “______ to stay for the night?” - Susan: “Oh, that's very kind of you.”
A. Why don't you B. Do you feel like C. Why don’t we D. Would you like
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 36 to 40.
World Cup is the most important international football tournament, and the world’s most representative team sport event. Organized __(36)__ Federation International de Football Association (FIFA), __(37)__ sport’s governing body, the World Cup is contested by men’s national football teams which are FIFA members. The World Cup __(38)__ every four years (except in the times of war), but the elimination rounds of the competition take place over a __(39)__ period. The World Cup Finals are the most __(40)__ viewed and followed sporting event in the world.
36. A. from B. on C. by D. in
37. A. an B. the C. no article D. a
38. A. held B. is held C. is holding D. hold
39. A. three-years B. third year C. three- year’s D. three-year
40. A. widely B. widen C. wide D. width
PART B. WRITING (10 QUESTIONS)
I. Join the two sentencces into one sentence in such a way that it means the same as the sentences printed before it. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
41. He phoned me. He wanted to invite me to his party. He phoned
42. Linda is 160 centimeters tall. Jane is 160 centimeters tall, too. Jane is
43. The painting was expensive.The painting was bought yesterday. The painting
44. She was very busy. She couldn’t answer the phone. She was too
45. I couldn’t sleep. I was tired. In spite
II. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it. Write your answers on your answer sheet.
46. Ann locked the door five minutes ago. The door
47. I wasn’t hungry, so I didn’t eat anything. If I
48. Rock began to develop from rock-‘n’-roll in the 1960s. It was not until
49. Laura hasn’t seen her brother since he left for Japan. Laura last
50. His mother is the most warm-hearted person I’ve known. I’ve never
--- The end ---